UK Food Bloggers Badge

Sunday, 20 November 2011

Veg Soup

It being a nice, misty kind of day, I decided to take a break from the little 'pot boiler' I am writing to put something up on here.

I was nudged into doing so by meeting a couple of people, one from Finsbury Park Transition, I local group dedicated to sustainable living and HarringayOnline, our local community website.

Now, the 'pot boiler' I am referring to has nothing to do with cooking, but rather the grubby world of crime. "Camp Fire's Burning' is a 20,000 word story I wrote about three years ago in response to a series of events at the place I was living at the time. I am currently re-working parts of the story and should be able to publish it as an ebook fairly soon.

I haven't forgotten about "The Food Shops of Green Lanes" either. I'd originally planned to do that in August, but a trashed foot meant I could hardly walk during that month, but I will return to it soon.

So, whats for tea tonight? Well, how about some vegetable soup? The fantastic thing about living round here is that the ingredients are readily available 24/7 and cheaply too. As you can see from above, this is what I put in mine. The only thing missing from the picture is a can of butter beans and a couple of cloves of garlic.

Now, for once, I am not going to say much more, but rather I am going to let the pictures tell the story. I am sure you will get the idea.

Stage 1

Stage 2


Stage 3

Stage 4
Stage 5
And Finally,,,,
Enjoy!